There have been stories, as long as there have been humans. Stories are the first form of human communication and are used to learn from experiences. The capability that stories have to offer meaning, instill a sense of purpose, and create a context in all that we do. We can also say that all of us are surrounded by stories and over half of human conversation comes in the form of stories. Storytelling help in relating, empathize and allow our brains to procedure information in a form which is memorable and digestible.
Some benefits of storytelling are:
- It is an essential element of design thinking and business – design tells a story, branding is storytelling; the applications of storytelling to business are endless. This is why storytelling often goes unappreciated as a valuable business tool. Most yearly reports start with the text. Instead of waiting for others to interpret their numbers, it allows businesses to write their own story.
- Storytelling can be a powerful tool in any stage of the innovation procedure. It can be a valuable tool to understand the challenge and context that a business is experiencing.
- The strategy can be elevated with the utilization of story. This is because stories boom with people more than data because taking action is an emotional reaction to a variety of stimuli.
Healthcare storytelling is slowed by two significant challenges:
Marketers mainly experience challenges like complexity and rules and regulations. There are policies, HIPAA restrictions, and mandates that limit presentation and word choice. When marketers have experienced these challenges, many settled not on simplicity but on generic content. It is time to prepare your website accurately and engaging, compliant and exciting.
Here are the reasons why storytelling is important in healthcare marketing:
- We can learn the main elements of a story. A starting, a middle and an end. Healthcare mirrors this and is packed with valuable stories on various levels. Go creative and share these gems.
- Good stories build strong connections which motivate people to take action. Attract your audience with a good and informative story and they will surely buy in.
- Humans have a biological need for stories. They help us to find the best world and feel connected. Marketers use stories to make a reputation with people and keep them coming back for more.
- Storytelling helps the marketers to communicate value about the brand and it connects them to the customers emotionally.
- It has a greater recall than a different form of promotion and creates an immediate connection and trust which is important in healthcare.
Creating a clear, relatable and short story will assist people why your product and service is different from others. In return, they will be more apt to take action. There are many Marketing Strategies Do check out our Blog on Marketing Ideas for Hospital.